MACC Fund Careers
Not every story has a happy ending but the MACC Fund is here to change that. Join our team and grow with us as we fight to provide critical funding for research of cures and treatments for childhood cancer and other related blood disorders.
Major Gifts Officer
The Major Gifts Officer will lead the implementation and development of a comprehensive major gifts strategy, which will be a key piece of the organization’s future growth. Activities include leveraging the power of relationships and networks, involving companies, private donors, professional athletes, healthcare partners and others who care about curing childhood cancer and related blood disorders to join forces and raise funds for life-changing research. Major Gifts Officer will report to the CEO.
- Implement and develop an annual and long-term strategic major gift fundraising plan in a manner that continues to leverage the MACC Fund’s fundraising success through community events, while focusing on opportunities to expand support for the organization through major financial gifts from corporations and individuals. Continue to cultivate and grow MACC Fund’s network of committed major donors and partners.
- Make persuasive verbal and written cases for supporting key initiatives
- Creatively develop and implement innovative strategies for the successful solicitation of gifts
- Build and strategically steward and manage a portfolio of prospects and donors with capacity to contribute major gifts
- Develop opportunities aligned to donor interests and the strategic priorities of MACC Fund, Medical College of WI, Children’s WI, UW Carbone Cancer Center and Marshfield Clinic
- Track and asses major gift fundraising plan metrics
- Help promote an organizational culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and a common organizational vision
- Participate in MACC Fund activities and events
- Responsible for continuous review and overall accuracy of his/her portfolio in database software. Record proposals and actions about prospects and donors in a timely fashion in E-Tapestry
Skills and Experience
- Successful experience securing major financial gifts and leading a comprehensive, strategic fundraising campaign, including skill in crafting compelling appeals to private foundations, corporate supporters, and individual philanthropists. This will include experience with innovative ways to fundraise to new populations within the community.
- Approachable and community minded leadership. Proven ability to raise the profile of the organization.
- Minimum of 10 years proven fund raising experience
- Ability to work independently and can adapt to changing circumstances in a complex environment and embrace challenges
- A highly developed ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information related to donors
- Donor Software experience is preferred
Values and Behaviors
- Commitment to success – make a positive and measurable impact on the MACC Fund and the community, families, kids it serves
- Mission focused – connection to and sincere passion for the mission of the MACC Fund
- Relationship oriented – understands people come before process; astute in managing relationships toward a common goal
- Brand steward – Steward of the MACC Fund brand, understanding his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation of the organization. Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels
- Charismatic – able to share the inspirational stories of the power of medical advancements in saving kids’ lives worldwide to inspire others to help.
Email your resume to Becky Pinter at email@example.com